At VCE, Each Department has its own Board of Studies which consists of:
1. Head of the department (Chairman)
2. The entire faculty of each specialization
3. Two experts in the subject concerned from other prestigious institutions to be nominated by the Academic council
4. One expert to be nominated by the Vice-Chancellor of Affiliating University
5. One representative from the industry/corporate sector/allied area relating to the placement cell
6. One postgraduate meritorious alumnus
7. Experts from outside the college.
8. Staff of the department.
The roles of the Board of Studies of each department in the college are:
1. Design syllabi for various courses keeping in view the objectives of the Institution, the interest of the stakeholders, and national requirements for consideration and approval of the Academic Council.
2. Suggest methodologies for innovative teaching and evaluation techniques.
3. Suggest a panel of names to the Academic Council for the appointment of examiners for undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
4. Coordinate research, teaching, extension, and other academic activities in the department/college.
5. To consider the criteria of general academic interests of all the Departments and their functioning.