Dr. Jitesh Lalwani
Date of Birth:
Areas of Specialization:
Environmental Engineering – Industrial effluent treatment, Non-biological and advanced oxidation methods of wastewater treatment, Antimicrobial resistance and toxicity analyses, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and drug-resistant cultures (emerging contaminants).
- Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF), Environmental Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, 2021.
- Ph.D. (Environmental Engineering), Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, 2020.
- M.Tech (Environmental and Water Resources Engineering), Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, 2017.
- B.E. (Civil Engineering), Medi-Caps Institute of Science and Technology Indore, 2015.
- Ph.D. project: Treatment of pharmaceutical industry effluent by advanced oxidation processes and hydrodynamic cavitation.
- M. Tech project: Treatment of pharmaceutical industrial effluent by electrocoagulation, biological, and photocatalytic oxidation.
- B.E. project: Presented a detailed report on ‘A case study and analysis of groundwater levels of Madhya Pradesh, and replenishment techniques’ for mapping, evaluating, and providing solutions for depleting groundwater resources.
Citations: 31 ; h-index: 3 ; i10-index: 2
Journals (SCI Indexed):
- J. Lalwani S. Thatikonda, C. Subrahmanyam, Varying efficacies of Fenton’s oxidation treatment on pharmaceutical industry effluents of contrasting viscosity profiles, CLEAN – Soil, Air, Water 49 (3) (2021) 2000335. URL: https://doi.org/10.1002/clen.202000335. (Cite Score: 3.6, IF: 1.770)
- J. Lalwani, A. Gupta, S. Thatikonda, C. Subrahmanyam, Oxidative treatment of crude pharmaceutical industry effluent by hydrodynamic cavitation, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 8 (5) (2020) 104281. URL: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2020.104281. (Cite Score: 7.7, IF: 7.968)
- J. Lalwani, A. Gupta, S. Thatikonda, C. Subrahmanyam, An industrial insight on treatment strategies of the pharmaceutical industry effluent with varying qualitative characteristics, Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering 8 (5) (2020) 104190. URL: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2020.104190. (Cite Score: 7.7, IF: 7.968)
- J. Lalwani, S. CJ, S. Thatikonda, C. Subrahmanyam, Sequential treatment of crude drug effluent for the elimination of API by combined electro-assisted coagulation-photocatalytic oxidation, Journal of Water Process Engineering 28 (2019) 195-202. URL: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwpe.2019.01.006. (Cite Score: 7.2, IF: 7.34)
- Prakat Modi, Jitesh S Lalwani*, Prashant Istalkar, Phanindra KBVN, Efficacy of azimuthal resistivity sounding in mapping sub-surface electrical anisotropy, First Indian National Groundwater Conference (INGWC-2016) on Sustainable Development and Management of Groundwater Resources in Arid and Semi-Arid Regions, October 5-7, 2016, JNTU Hyderabad. * Conference presenter
REVIEWER / EDITORIAL BOARD FOR JOURNALS:
- Reviewer for the IJEPR journal (International Journal of Environmental Pollution and Remediation), Avestia Publishing.
- Member of Editorial Board for Lattice Science Publishing for 2023-2024. https://www.latticescipub.com/committee-2023/
Environmental Studies, Construction Management, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management Systems, Solid Waste Management, Water Resources and Irrigation Engineering, Seminar, Critical Thinking, Project Based Learning, Fluid Mechanics laboratory, Civil Engineering Drawing and Building Planning.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
- Industry sponsored Best PhD in Environmental Engineering and Allied Areas by Ramky EnviroSystems (2022).
- Second position in the event ‘Three Minutes Thesis’, IIT Hyderabad Research Scholar’s Day 2021
- MHRD Scholarship for Ph.D., India (2017-2020).
- GATE Scholarship for M.Tech, India (2015-2017).
- All India Rank 1824, GATE 2015 (Civil Engineering).
- Certificate and medal for outstanding academic achievements by PT Education Pvt. Ltd., India (2013).
- IP Awareness/Training program under National Intellectual Property Awareness Mission (5 March 2022), organized by Intellectual Property Office, India.
- Workshop on ‘Building Information Modelling (BIM) using Revit’ (4-5 January 2022), conducted by Department of Civil Engineering, Nirma University.
- National webinar on ‘Transportation Geotechnics’ (20-24 December 2021), organized by Department of Civil Engineering, Nirma University, supported by Gujarat Council on Science and Technology.
- 3 day Faculty Development Programme on ‘RS&GIS Applications in Civil Engineering’ (15-17 July 2021), organized by Department of Civil Engineering, Sasi Institute of Technology and Engineering’.
- 5 day Faculty Development Programme on ‘Recent Research Trends in Civil Engineering’ (24-28 May 2021), organized by Department of Civil Engineering, NIT Puducherry.
- 2 day National level workshop on ‘Project Based Learning implementation in Higher Education Institutions’ (29-30 January 2021), organized by PBL CoE, Vishwaniketan iMEET, Khalapur.
- Workshop on ‘GeoApps 2017 : Recent Developments’ (18 February 2017), organized by Department of Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering Division, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad.
- 10 day GIAN course on ‘Groundwater flow and transport modeling through fractured geologic media’ (27 June-8 July 2016), organized by Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad.
- Mini symposium on ‘Wastewater Treatment and Reclamation’ (20 February 2016), organized by Department of Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering Division, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad.
- 10 day GIAN workshop on ‘Hydrologic Modeling using SWAT’ (14-23 December 2015), organized by Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad.
- Workshop on ‘Concrete Mix Design’ (2 March 2013), organized by Department of Civil Engineering, Institute of Engineering and Science, IPS Academy Indore.
- Invited to deliver a Guest Lecture on the topic ‘A Case Study of Pharmaceutical Pollution in India’ in G. L. Bajaj Institute of Technology and Management, Greater Noida (U.P.), July 12, 2021.