Date of Birth:
18 May 1988
Ph.D. in Power Electronics 2016, NIT,Tiruchirappalli
PG Degree in Power Quality,2012,NIT,Tiruchirappalli
UG Degree in BE,2010,RMCE
- Power electronics
- Power systems-1
- Power systems-2
- Power quality
- Dhairyapatel, K. Venkatraman and Ramaraju, “Mitigation of voltage unbalance by DSTATCOM in a three phase four wire system”, Journal of power technologies, 99(4), 2020.
- Venkatraman, Kiran Kumar, S. Moorthi and Selvan, M.P., , ” Universal Power Quality Conditioner (UnPQC) for enhancing the power quality in distribution system” Journal of power technologies, 99(3), 2019.
- DheepanChakkravarthy, Jawahar, Venkatraman, K., Selvan, M.P., and Moorthi,S., “Performance Evaluation of FPGA Based Predictive Current Controller for Four-leg DSTATCOM in Electric Distribution System,” IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution 13 (19), 4400-4409, 2019.
- Kiran Kumar, N., Venkatraman, K. Asif “Harmonic cancellation in a Multi-level Inverter Configuration Suitable for PV Applications”, IJET, vol.7, no. 4.6, pages 177-180, September,2018
- Dhairyapatel, K. Venkatraman, Rama raju, N. Kiran kumar, “Dual Functional DSTATCOM for Power Quality Improvement”,Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series B. (Submitted revision).
- Venkatraman, K., Selvan, M.P. and Moorthi, S., “Predictive Current Control of DSTATCOM for Load Compensation in Distribution System”, IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 10, no. 10, 2016, pp. 2410-2423.
- Venkatraman, K., Dastagiri Reddy, B., Selvan, M.P., Moorthi, S., Kumaresan, N. and AmmasaiGounden, N. “Online Condition Monitoring and Power Management System for Standalone Microgrid using FPGAs”, IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol. 10, no. 15, 2016, pp. 3875-3884.
- Venkatraman, K., Selvan, M.P., Moorthi, S., Raja, P., and Deepa Kurup “Predictive current control of DSTATCOM for VAR compensation of grid connected wind farms”, Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, Vol. 9, no. 2, 2017, pp. 2410- 2423.
- Venkatraman, K., Moorthi, S., Selvan, M.P., Raja, P. and Deepa Kurup, “Performance Analysis of FPGA Controlled DSTATCOM for Load Compensation”, Arabian Journal of Science and Engineering, Springer. Vol. 41, no. 9, 2016, pp. 3355-3367.
- Venkatraman, K., Moorthi, S. and Selvan, M.P., “Modelling and Control of Transformer-less Universal Power Quality Conditioner (TUnPQC): An Effective Solution for Power Quality Enhancement in Distribution System”, Journal of Control Automation and Electrical Systems, Springer Vol. 28, no. 1, 2017, pp. 123-134.
- Venkatraman, K., Moorthi, S., Selvan, M.P., Raja, P. and Deepa Kurup, “A comprehensive embedded solution for dataacquisition and communication using FPGA,” Journal of Applied Research and Technology, Vol. 15, no. 1, 2017, pp. 45-53.
- Dheepan Chakkravarthy, Venkatraman, K., Selvan, M.P., Moorthi and Venkata Kirthiga, “Capability evaluation of fourleg DSTATCOM for compensating multifarious loads,” Australian Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Vol. 13, no. 4, 2016, pp. 229-243.
- DheepanChakkravarthy, Akhil, Venkatraman, K., Selvan, M.P., and Moorthi,S., “Performance analysis of FPGA controlled fourleg DSTATCOM for multifarious load compensation in electric distribution system,” Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal, Vol. 21, no. 4, 2018, pp. 692-703.
- Venkatraman, K., Selvan, M.P. and Moorthi, S., “Performance of Series Active Filter in Low Voltage Distribution System with Non Linear Loads”, IEEE International Conference INDICON- 2011, 16-18 December, 2011, Hyderabad, INDIA, pp. 1-6.
- Venkatraman, K., Selvan, M.P. and Moorthi, S., “Performance Analysis of Series Active Filter under Non Sinusoidal Supply and Non Linear Loading”, IEEE International Conference on Power and Energy Systems (ICPS -2011),22-24 December, 2011, IIT Madras Chennai, INDIA, pp. 1-6.
- Venkatraman, K., Selvan, M.P. and Moorthi, S., “Investigation on Series Active Filter with Small Energy Source for DC Voltage Control”, Springer International Conference on Control, Communication and Power Engineering (CCPE-2012), 27-28 April, 2012, Bangalore, INDIA, pp. 454-459.
- Venkatraman, K., Aasish, T.R., Selvan, M.P. and Moorthi, S. “Experimental Verification of FPGA Controller based Series Active Filter” IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Postgraduate Research (PRIMEASIA-2012), 5-7 December, 2012, Hyderabad, INDIA, pp. 197-200.
- Hrishikesan, V.M., Venkatraman, K. and Selvan, M.P., “Performance of custom power devices in SCIG based windfarms during abnormal grid conditions”, IEEE International Conference INDICON-2014, 11-13 December, 2014, Pune, INDIA.
- Nirav Finaviya, Venkata Rama Raju, Venkatraman K, “A MPPT control scheme for standalone PMSG system with single active bridge” IEEE International Conference on Intelligent ComputingInstrumentation and Control Technologies (ICICICT), 6 – 7 July, 2017, Kannur, India
- Hrishkesan, V.M., Venkatraman, K., Selvan, M.P. and Moorthi, S.,v“Application of D-STATCOM in SCIG based Wind-farms during Normal and Abnormal Grid Conditions”, National Power Systems Conference (NPSC 2014), 18-20 December, 2014, IIT-Guwahati, INDIA.
- Venkatraman, K., Moorthi, S. and Selvan, M.P., “Analog Signal Acquisition Card (ASAC) for ADC Channel Enhancement in FPGA Boards to suite for Power Electronic Applications,” IPR Application No. 2314/CHE/2014, 09 May 2014.
Awards, Fellowships and Achievements:
- POSOCO POWER SYSTEM AWARD 2017
- Obtained certificate of appreciation for involving in Design, Development, Procurement, fabrication and implementation of a pilot project initiated and sponsored by Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) titled ““Development of Micro-Grid Controller Integrated with Multiple Types of Renewable Sources and Loads” for an amount of Rs. 14.95 lakhs. (Completed within 7 months)
- Obtained Certificate of Excellence as Teaching Assistant in the successful completionof Two-Week ISTE Workshop on Analog Electronics conducted by IIT Kharagpurheld under National Mission on Education through ICT (MHRD) from 4th to 14th June 2013.
- MHRD Fellowship for Doctoral study at National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
- MHRD Fellowship for Masters study at National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
FDPs/STTPs/Workshops/Webinars Attended and Organised:
- Participated in the Short-Term Course on “Power System Stability Issues with Distributed Generators”, organized by the Dept. of EEE, NIT Tiruchirappalli, during 29- 30 June 2012.
- Attend the lecture series on “Power Electronics Applications in Power Sytems” given by Prof. Sarath B Tennakoon, Stafford, UK organized by the Dept. of EEE, NIT Tiruchirappalli, during 7th – 8 th Jan. 2013. EXPERIENCE IN SPONSORED RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Participated and demonstrated an experiment in workshop on “Wind driven Generators”, organized by the Dept. of EEE, NIT Tiruchirappalli, during dec 13-14th , 2013.
- Participated in the TEQIP II Industrial Workshop on “Understanding IGBT: from Device to Inverter” organized by the Dept. of EEE, NIT Tiruchirappalli, on 8th April 2014.
- Participated in the Short-Term Course on “Recent Trends in Smart Grid Technologies”, organized by the Dept. of EEE, NIT Tiruchirappalli, on 26th April 2014.
- Organized and Participated in the TEQIP Industrial Workshop on “Power System Modeling and Simulation with PSCAD” organized by the Dept. of EEE, NIT Tiruchirappalli, during 12th -13th May 2014.
- Participated and organized in the Short-Term Course (under TEQIP II) on “Low Power Controller Design using MSP430 Microcontroller”, organized by the Dept. of EEE, NIT Tiruchirappalli, during 20th & 21st June 2014.
- Participated in a short term course on “FACTS Controllers” organized by the department of EEE, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli on 25th and 26th July 2014.
- Participated and organized in the Short-Term Course on “Real Time Controller Design Using TI C2000 Microcontroller”, organized by the Dept. of EEE, NIT Tiruchirappalli, during 26th & 28th Sept. 2014. .
- Participated in an industrial workshop on “Programmable Logic Controllers and Variable Speed Drives” organized by the department of EEE, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, on 7th November 2014.
- Participated in a three day course on “Applications of Power Electronics to Renewable Energy Systems and Micro Grids””, organized by the Dept. of EEE, NIT Tiruchirappalli, during 8th – 10th February, 2015.
- Participated in a two day short term course on “Role of Power Electronics in Power Engineering”, organized by the Dept. of EEE, NIT Tiruchirappalli, during 4 th – 5 th March, 2016.
- Recent trends in power electronics and energy storage systems” organized by vardhaman college of Engineering during 10/06/2020 to 14/06/2020.
- “Power electronics Applications in Smart Grid and Electric Vehicles” organized by Santhiram Engineering College during 26/05/2020 to 31/05/2020.
- “Python programming with industry perspective” organized by MNIT Jaipur during 2/12/2019 to 06/12/2019.
- PFC based AC-DC LED Driver Circuits organized by Vaagdevi College of Engineering on 08/06/2020.
- Flash Charging Technology for New Generation e-Bus by NIT Tiruchirappalli on 29/05/2020.
- Recent Trends in Electrical Engineering, by MLRIT Hyderabad on 05.2020
- Successful steps towards high quality scientific publications organized by Chalapathi Institute of Technology, Guntur on 18/05/2020.
- “Artificial Intelligence Methods For Energy Auditing, Technologies And Management (AIM FOR E-ATM)”, Organised by CBIT during 21/05/2020 to 23/05/2020.
Research Projects Undertaken: