Dr. SADGUNA NULI
Areas of Specialization :
Ph.D. in Transportation Engineering, from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,Mumbai, 2016.
M.E. in Transportation Engineering and Management from REC, Tiruchirappalli, 2002.
B. Tech. in Civil Engineering from G.P.R. Engineering College, Kurnool, AP, 1999.
1. Transportation Engineering I and II
2. Pavement Engineering
3. Surveying I
4. Engineering Graphics & Auto CAD
5. Building Materials
6. Basic Civil Engineering
7. Engineering Mechanics
8. Computer programming – Fortran, C, and C++
9. Pavement Analysis and Design
10. Advanced Surveying
- Sadguna Nuli, Gade Nagamani, and Beeravolu Kavya, “Capacity and Level of Service of Roundabouts Using Indo-HCM”, In: Advances in Geotechnical and Transportation Engineering, Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering, vol 71, April 2020, Springer, Singapore.
- Sadguna Nuli and Saladi S.V. Subbarao, “Adaptive Signal Control for Non-Lane Based Vehicle Movements”, International Journal for Traffic and Transportation Engineering, Volume 8, Issue 2, 249-260, April 2018.
- Sadguna Nuli and Tom V. Mathew, “Vehicle Actuated Control for Heterogeneous Traffic Using Stop Line Detection”, European Transport, International Journal of Transport Economics, Engineering and Law, Volume 2, Issue 57, May 2015.
- Sadguna Nuli and Tom V. Mathew “Online coordination of signals for heterogeneous traffic using stop line detection” Social and Behavioral sciences, Volume 104, December 2013, Pages 765–774.
- Sadguna Nuli, Tom V. Mathew, and Tanmay Shah “Adaptive signal coordination for heterogeneous traffic using downstream detection” 93rd Annual meeting of Transportation Research Group (TRB), January 12-16, 2014 – Washington, DC.
- 2-day international SPARC workshop on “Concept, Theory and Practices of Road Pricing Schemes: Lessons Learned and Way Forward” by BITS Pilani, Hyderabad (06/03/2020 to 07/03/2020).
- 5-day national workshop on “Data Analysis Using SPSS” by IMT, Hyderabad (27/04/2020 to 01/05/2020).
- 5-day international virtual vorkshop on “Modern Trends in Transportation Systems (MTTS-2020)” by NIT Silichar (25/07/2020 to 29/07/2020).
- Sadguna Nuli and Tom V. Mathew, “Real time synchronization of signals for heterogeneous traffic” 13th World Conference on Transport Research (WCTR), July 15- 18, 2013 – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Sadguna Nuli and Tom V. Mathew, “Optimal control of urban corridor using reinforcement learning”, 10th International Conference on Transportation Planning and Implementation Methodologies for Developing Countries, Dec 14, 2012, IIT Bombay, India.
- Sadguna Nuli and Tom V. Mathew “Reinforcement Learning for Real Time Urban Traffic Signal Control” International Simulation Conference of India (ISCI 2012), Feb 4, 2012, IIT Bombay, India.
- Sadguna Nuli, Tom V. Mathew, and Tanmay Shah “Real Time Optimal Signal Control Using Stop Line Detection” 1st International Conference of Transportation Research Group of India (CTRG), Dec 9, 2011, Bangalore, India.
Seminars/Guest Lectures/Webinars Attended:
- “Road Safety & Audit for Improvement of Traffic Safety” by Institution of Engineers (I), Khairatabad, Hyderabad (26/08/2019).
- “Accreditattion Management System Demo” by InPods Ed-Tech (30/04/2020).
- “e- vehicles for sustainable transportation” by GIST, Nellore, AP (14/05/2020).
- “Faculty Awareness Programme on NBA to keep in touch with NBA Accreditation” by PACE ITS, Ongole, AP (17/05/2020).
- “Indo- China Research Webinar Series in Civil and Environmental Engineering” by Joint Webinar with Vardhaman College of Engineering (08/05/2020 to 19/05/2020).
- “Modern Surveying Techniques in Civil Engineering – Field Applications & Case Studies” by KHRI, Kerala Highway Research Institute (20/05/2020).
- “Online Teaching Learning & Online Assessment Demo” by InPods Ed-Tech (27/05/2020).
- “Data – Driven Road Safety Management” by NATPAC, Thiruvananthapuram (28/05/2020).
- “Introduction to OpenRoads Designer CONNECT Edition | EN |2020 Release 2” by Bentley Institute (28/05/2020).
- “CO-PO Attainment Computations & Outcome Analysis” by InPods Ed-Tech (09/06/2020).
- “Future of Higher Education – Nine Mega Trends” by ICT Academy (30/06/2020).
Guest Lectures Organized:
- 1-Day Guest Lecture on Road Engineering and Road Safety on by Dr. S. Nagabhushana Rao formerly various Transport Organizations across India headed 6th September 2019.
- 1-Day Total Station Demonstration by Sokkia distributor Electro Optics Pvt. Ltd, Hyderabad on 18th December 2019.
Faculty Development Programs Attended:
1. 5-day faculty development programme on “Smart Materials in Construction” by Vardhaman College of Engineering (25/06/2020 to 01/07/2020).
2. 5-day faculty development programme on “Trends in transportation” by Vardhaman College of Engineering (06/07/2020 to 10/07/2020).
- Worked as a core member for Department of Information Technology sponsored “Intelligent Transportation Systems endeavor (InTranSe)” project titled “Area Traffic Control System” at IIT Bombay.
- Worked as a member for traffic signal control group in the development of Indo-Highway Capacity Manual funded by planning commission of India under 12th five year plan at IIT Bombay.
Research Projects Undertaken: