Dr Sarila Venu Kumar
Date of Birth:
24 April 1984
Areas of Specialization:
Friction stir welding, Fatigue, Composites, Diffusion Bonding.
UG Degree in B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering),2005, Sree Nidhi Institue of Scince and Technology, Hyderabad
PG Degree in M.Tech (Materials Scince),2008, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
Ph.D in Metallugical and Materials Enginering 2014 ,National Institute of Technology,Tiruchirappalli
Metallurgy and Materials Science, Engineering Graphics, Production Technology, Kinematics of Machinery, Dynamics of Machinery, Mechanics of Fluids, Mechanics of solids
- M.Tech Students Guided: 2
- Ph.D Scholars Presently Working :1
S.Venukumar, Swaroop Yalagi and S.Muthukumaran. Comparison of Microstructure and MechanicalProperties of Conventional and Refilled Friction Stir Spot Welds in AA6061-T6 using Filler Plate. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China 23(2013) 2833-2842.
- S. Venukumar, S. Muthukumaran, Swaroop Yalagi, and Satish V. Kailas. Failure modes and Fatigue behavior of conventional and Refilled Friction Stir Spot welds in AA 6061-T6 sheets. International Journal of Fatigue 61 (2014) 93-100.
- S. Venukumar, S. G. Yalagi, S. Muthukumaran and S. V. Kailas. Static shear strength and fatigue life of refill friction stir spot welded AA 6061-T6 sheets. Science and Technology of Welding and Joining 19 (2014) 214-223.
- S.Venukumar, Swaroop Yalagi and S.Muthukumaran. Microstructure and Mechanical properties of Refilled Friction Stir Spot Welding of commericial pure aluminum. Materials Science Forum 765 (2013) 776-780.
- S.Venukumar, S.Praveenkumar and S.Muthukumaran. Underwater Friction stir spot welding of AA 6061-T6 sheets. OPJIT International Journal of Innovation & Research, 03 (2014) 2319-4340.
- S.Venukumar, Bibin Baby, S.Muthukumaran and Satish V. Kailas. Microstructural and mechanical properties of walking friction stir spot welded AA 6061-T6 sheets. Procedia Materials Science, 06 (2014) 656-665.
- Mariappan R, S. Venukumar P R S Kumar, S Kumaran and T Srinivasa Rao. Sintered properties of duplex stainless steels in nitrogen atmosphere. Transactions of PMAI, 34
- Venukumar, S. and S. Muthukumaran. Microstructural and mechanical properties of refill spot friction welds in similar and dissimilar joints. Materials and Design, 2016. (Under review).
- Thirupati. P, P. Janaki Ramulu and S. Venukumar. Experimental Analysis of MR Fluid by Magneto-Rheological (MR) Damper, 2015. Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vols. 813-814 (2015) pp 1002-1006.
- Sohail M, S. Venukumar and M. Venkateswar Reddy. An outline of piping design using CAESER II. Materials Today: Proceedings 4 (2017) 8269–8278.
- S.Venukumar, P. Sarkar, J. Sai Sashank, P. Sampath and K saikiran. Microstructural and mechanical properties of Inconel 718 TIG weldments. Materials Today: Proceedings 5 (2018) 8480–8485.
- J. Sai Sashank, P Sai Krishna, S.Venukumar and S. Muthukumaran. Effects of friction stir welding on microstructure and mechanical properties of 6063 aluminium alloy. Materials Today: Proceedings 5 (2018) 8348–8353.
- S. Venukumar, Muralimohan Cheepu, T. Vijaya Babu and D. Venkateswarlu. TIG Arc Welding – Brazing of Dissimilar Metals – An Overview. Materials Science Forum (Published).
- S. Venukumar, Muralimohan Cheepu, T. Vijayababu and D. Venkateswarlu. Cold metal transfer (CMT) welding of dissimilar materials: An Overview. Materials Science Forum (Published).
”Novel Approach to Refill Probe hole in Friction Stir Spot Welding of AA 6061-T6 sheets” presented at 1st International Joint Symposium on Joining and Welding, in Osaka, Japan, November 6-8, 2013.
- “Friction welding of Cu-tube to Al-tube plate using an external tool by threaded tube interference method” presented at 1st International Joint Symposium on Joining and Welding, Osaka, Japan, November 6-8, 2013.
- “Two modes of metal transfer phenomenon in Friction Stir welding of low alloy steel plates” presented at 1st International Joint Symposium on Joining and Welding, Osaka, Japan, November 6-8, 2013.
- “Non-Destructive Evaluation of Aluminum A6061-T6 Welds Produced by Friction Stir spot Welding” presented at Asia Pacific Conference on Non-Destructive Testing (14th APCNDT), Mumbai, India, November 18-22, 2013.
- “Non-Destructive Evaluation of Aluminum alloys (AA1100 & AA2014) welded using Friction Stir Welding” presented at Asia Pacific Conference on Non-Destructive Testing (14th APCNDT), Mumbai, India, November 18-22, 2013.
- “Microstructure and mechanical properties of AA 2014 refill friction stir spot welds” presented at International Conference on Friction Based Processes – 2014 (ICFP – 2014), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, September 3 – 5, 2014.
- “Refill Friction stir spot welding of aluminum alloys” poster presented at NRC-M Symposium on Mechanical Behaviour of Materials, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, January 30 – 31, 2012.
- “Friction Stir Spot Welding of Al alloys with Refilling Technique – A Study” paper presented at 3rd International Conference on Science, Engineering and Technology, VIT University, November 17-18, 2011.(Best paper Presentation)
- “Effect of tool geometry on the mechanical and metallurgical properties of Friction stir spot welding of AA6061-T6 sheets” paper presented at Advances in Welding Science and Technology, Puducherry, May 3-4, 2013.
- “Microstructure and Mechanical properties of Walking Friction Stir Spot Welding of commercial pure Magnesium” paper presented at International Conference on Engineering Materials and Processes (ICEMAP-2013), Chennai, May 23-24, 2013.
- “Effect of backing plate on friction stir spot welding of Al alloys” paper presented at Symposium on Joining of Materials (SOJOM – 2012), BHEL Trichy, January 19-21, 2012.
Workshops,FDP’S andConferences Organized:
- One week Faculty Development Programme on Materials and Design – An Engineering Challenge (MDEC 2016) during June 13-17, 2016.
1.Application number: 201641034283
Date of filing : 06-04-2017
Title of invention : A process of producing three pin tool device for friction stir
welding of three layer thermoplastic sheets
Publication Date : 12-10-2018