Dr. Rajat Kumar
Date of Birth:
01 January 1993
Ph.D. in Power Quality and Signal Processing, 2021, SLIET Longowal, Punjab.
PG Degree in Power Electronics and Drives, 2017, MMMUT Gorakhpur, U.P.
UG Degree in EEE, 2013, UPTU Lucknow, U.P.
- Elements of Electrical Engineering
- Digital Control System
- Rajat Kumar, Bhim Singh, Raj Kumar and Sanjay Marwaha, “Online identification of underlying causes for multiple and multi-stage power quality disturbances using S-Transform,” IETE Journal of Research, pp. 1-11, 2021. (SCI Indexed)
- Rajat Kumar, Bhim Singh, Raj Kumar and Sanjay Marwaha, “Recognition of underlying causes of power quality disturbances using stockwell transform,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 69, no. 6, pp. 2798-2807, 2020. (SCI Indexed)
- Rajat Kumar, Raj Kumar, Sanjay Marwaha and Bhim Singh, ” S-Transform based detection of multiple and multistage power quality disturbances,” 9th IEEE Power India International Conference (PIICON), Sonepat, pp. 1-5, 2020.
- Rajat Kumar, Sanjay Marwaha and Raj Kumar, “Cause based analysis of power quality disturbances in a three phase system,” IEEE IEEMA Engineer Infinite Conference (eTechNxT), New Delhi, pp. 1-6, 2018.
- Rajat Kumar and Navdeep Singh, “Wind power grid interfacing using 3 level vs 5 level inverter with SEPIC converter,” IEEE IEMENTech, Kolkata, pp. 1-6, 2017.
- Rajat Kumar, Navdeep Singh and Vineeta Agrawal, “SEPIC converter with 3-level NPC multi-level inverter for wind energy system (WES),” 4th IEEE ICPCES, MNNIT Allahabad, pp. 1-6, 2017.
- Saurabh Kumar, Rajat Kumar and Navdeep Singh, “Performance of closed loop SEPIC converter with DC-DC converter for solar energy system,” 4th IEEE ICPCES, MNNIT Allahabad, pp. 1-6, 2017.
- Rajat Kumar, Saurabh Kumar and Navdeep Singh, “A comparative study of PWM rectifier and diode rectifier-fed SEPIC converter for wind energy conversion system” CSDEEP in Association with ENEA Italy, MMMUT Gorakhpur, pp. 256-265, 2017. (ISSN: 978-93-86256-68-3)
- Saurabh Kumar, Rajat Kumar and Navdeep Singh, “Comparative analysis of battery with paper battery for renewable energy storage” CSDEEP in Association with ENEA Italy, MMMUT Gorakhpur, pp. 222-229, 2017. (ISSN: 978-93-86256-68-3)
- Rajat Kumar, Raj Kumar and Sanjay Marwaha, ” Analysis of multiple and multistage power quality disturbances using S-Transform,” SLIETCON, NITTTR Chandigarh, 2019.
- Rajat Kumar and Navdeep Singh, “Performance comparison of three-phase diode rectifier-fed boost converter and three-phase PWM rectifier for wind energy applications” EPTMITA, MMMUT Gorakhpur, 2016.
- Rajat Kumar, Sanjay Marwaha, Raj Kumar, “Power Quality Disturbances Assessment in a Distribution System” Research Scholar day, SLIET Longowal, 2018. (Poster Presentation)
- ATAL-Faculty Development Program on “Signal Processing and Machine Learning Techniques: Emerging Trends”, held at SLIET, Longowal, September 06-10, 2021.
- Online webinar on “Microgrids: Configurations, Control, Synchronization and Applications”, by Hioki, May 25, 2020.
- Short term training program on “PLC, Drives and Industrial Automation”, held at SLIET, Longowal, March 02-06, 2020.
- Short term training program on “Modelling and Simulation using MATLAB”, held at SLIET, Longowal, May 21-25, 2018.
- Short term course on “IEEE CIS Summer School on Computational Intelligence: Tools and Techniques for Smart Grid Solutions”, held at IIT, Delhi, December 28-31, 2017.
- Short term course on “Recent Advances in Control and Energy Systems”, held at MMMUT, Gorakhpur, February 25 –March 3, 2017.
- GIAN (Global Initiative of Academic Networks) Course (Approved by MHRD, Government of India) on “Soft Switched & Resonant DC to DC Converter Topologies & their control” held at MNNIT, Allahabad, December 19-23, 2016.
- Short Term Course on “Recent Advances in Electrical Systems & Renewable Energy”, held at MMMUT Gorakhpur, August 1-7, 2016.
- Workshop on “Emerging Trends in Smart Grid and Renewable Energy System”, held at MMMUT Gorakhpur, December 8-9, 2015.
- Workshop on “IEEE Explore Digital Library Awareness”, held at MMMUT Gorakhpur, October 15, 2015.
Research Projects Undertaken:
- “Optimal Control of Electromagnetic Waves Through Artificial Intelligent Technique For Enhancing The Power Transmission in High Voltage Transmission Line”. (Application No 202111049295, Filed on 28/10/2021)
Awards and Achievements:
- AWSAR Award 2019 (With a cash prize of 10000/-) by DST, Govt. of India for the science story entitled “Improving Industrial Equipment Health: The Next Generation Power Quality Monitoring”.
- Awarded by Institute Fellowship in Ph.D. (as a Junior Research Fellow and Senior Research Fellow) sanctioned by MoE, Govt. of India.
- Awarded by M.Tech Silver Medal (Certificate of Merit) by MMMUT Gorakhpur in 2017.
- Power Quality Issues, Application of Digital Signal Processing Techniques in Power System.
- Applications of Power Electronics Converters in Renewable Energy System.