Date of Birth:
26 October, 1981
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, 2017, Anna University
PG Degree in M.E. (PED), 2005, Anna University
UG Degree in B.E. (EEE), 2003, Anna University
Power System Transients, Electronic Devices and Circuit Analysis, Microprocessors and Micro-controllers, Computer Organization and Architecture, DC Machines and Transformers, Digital Principles and System Design, Digital Signal Processing, Electric and Hybrid Vehicles, Electric Circuit Theory, Electric Drives and Control, Electron Devices, Electronic Circuits, Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Linear and Non-Linear Systems Theory, Linear Integrated Circuits, Measurements and Instrumentation, Micro-controller and DSP based System Design, Power Electronic Control of AC Drives, Power Electronics for Renewable Energy Systems, Power System Protection and Switchgear, Solid State Drives, Advanced Control Theory, Basics of EEE, Control Systems
- B. Rajagopal Reddy, Natarajan Karuppiah, Md. Asif, S. Ravivarman, A Case Study on the Assessment of Program Quality through CO-PO Mapping and its Attainment, Journal of Engineering Education Transformations, [S.l.], p. 104-111, Jan. 2021. ISSN 2394-1707. doi:10.16920/jeet/2021/v34i0/157114.
- Ravivarman Shanmugasundaram, Jeyabharath Rajaiah, Veena Parasunath, A High Step-Up Quadratic Boost Converter Integrated with Voltage Multiplier, Journal of Electrical Engineering, Vol. 19, Edition 1, 2019.
- Karuppiah, S. Muthubalaji, S. Ravivarman, Md. Asif, Abhishek Mandal, Enhancing the performance of Transmission Lines by FACTS Devices using GSA and BFOA Algorithms. International Journal of Engineering & Technology, [S.l.], v. 7, n. 4.6, p. 203-208, sep. 2018. ISSN 2227-524X. doi: 10.14419/ijet.v7i4.6.20463.
- Karuppiah, S. Senthil Kumar, S. Ravivarman, P. Joel Joshuva, A. Prabhu, R. Arun Kumar, Wastage Pay Smart Bin. International Journal of Engineering & Technology, [S.l.], v. 7, n. 4.6, p. 193-197, Sep. 2018. ISSN 2227-524X. doi: 10.14419/ijet.v7i4.6.20461.
- Jaiganesh, N. Karuppiah, S. Ravivarman, Md. Asif, Performance study of MATLAB modelled PV panel and conventional PV panel interfaced with LabVIEW. International Journal of Engineering & Technology, [S.l.], v. 7, n. 2.17, p. 70-73, Apr. 2018. ISSN 2227-524X. DOI 10.14419/ijet.v7i2.17.11561.
- S. Ravivarman, R. Jeyabharath& P. Veena, “A high step-up boost converter integrated with voltage multiplier cell”, International Journal of Innovations in Engineering and Technology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 626-632, 2016.
- S. Ravivarman, R. Jeyabharath & P. Veena, “A high step-up hybrid dc-dc converter with reduced voltage stress for renewable energy applications”, World Applied Sciences Journal, 34 (7): 871-877, 2016.
- S. Ravivarman, R. Jeyabharath & P. Veena, “Analysis and Design of Single Switch Hybrid Step-up Converter”, Circuits and Systems, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 211-221, 2016.
- Ranjitha & S. Ravivarman, “A Review on Voltage Balancing Solutions in Multilevel Inverters”, Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science 1, No. 1, pp. 53-59, 2016.
- Ranjitha & S. Ravivarman, “Voltage balance implementing multilevel inverter in renewable energy system” International journal of Applied Engineering research, Vol. 10, No. 20, 2015, pp. 20033-20037, 2016.
- Ranjitha & S. Ravivarman, “A solution to balance the voltage of dc link capacitor using boost converter in diode clamped multilevel inverter”, South Asian Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 16, 2016, ISSN: 2454-9614, pp. 183-191.
- S. Ravivarman & T. Samydurai, “Optimized Grid Power Injection with Maximum Power Point Tracking using Cascaded SEPIC Converter and Three Phase Inverter”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering” Vol. 04, no. 1, 2015.
- Samydurai & S. Ravivarman, “Grid Power Injection with Maximum Power Point Tracking using Enhanced SEPIC Converter and Three Phase Inverter”, “International Journal of Applied Engineering Research” Vol. 10, No. 9, pp 7536-7541, 2015. ISSN:0973-4562
- Maheshkumar & S. Ravivarman, “High Step-Up DC-DC Converter for UPS system with Renewable Energy Source using Switched Capacitor and Inductor”, International Journal of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, vol. 3, no.2, 2015.
- Vijayabalan & S. Ravivarman, “Z Source Inverter for Photovoltaic System with Fuzzy Logic Controller”, International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive System, Vol.2, No.4, pp. 371-379, 2012. ISSN: 2088-8694.
- Ravivarman Shanmugasundaram, Natarajan Karuppiah, Raja Gopal Reddy B, Non-isolated Modified Quadratic Boost Converter with Midpoint Output for Solar Photovoltaic Applications, Vol. 87, pp. 8, 22 February 2019, E3S Web of Conferences, 1st International Conference on Sustainable Energy and Future Electric Transportation (Sept 2019), doi: 10.1051/e3sconf/20198701025
1. Microprocessor and Microcontroller, Shanlax Publications, 1st Edition, 2018.
2. Home Automation Based on Open Source Platform, 1st Edition, 2021, ISBN: 9781638731054.
- Five days Online FDP on Recent Trends in Power Electronics and Energy Storage Systems” conducted by VCE, from 10.06.2020 to 14.06.2020
- Five Days Faculty Development Programme on “E-Content Development” from 22 June 2020 – 26 June 2020 organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell, Angappa College of Arts and Science
- One Week Online Faculty Development Program on Challenges & Opportunities in Electrical Engineering ‐ A Research Perspective from 15th to 20th June – 2020 , Organized by the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Bharat Institute of Engineering and Technology (BIET)
- “An Online Faculty Development Programme on Research Opportunities in Power Engineering (ROPE – 2020)” during 22nd – 27th April 2020 organized by the Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, CMR college or engineering & Technology
- Five-day online FDP on “Explore electrical engineering in electrical applications”, organized by department of EEE, ManakulaVinayagar Institute of Technology, Puducherry from 15.06.2020 to 19.06.2020
- One Week Faculty Development Programme on “Implementation and Simulation of Electrical Engineering Applications Using PLECS Tool”. Organized by Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department, Vaagdevi College of Engineering, during 25th – 29th May, 2020.
- One day Webinar on “Electronic Materials and Devices: An Overview” organized by Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, RVS College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore on 25.05.2020.
- Expert lecture on, “Super-capacitors – Trends and challenges”, held as a part of National level Online Seminar Series organized during 22-26, June, 2020, organized by PSG Institute of Technology and Applied Research.
- Expert lecture on, “Safety with Residual Current Monitoring”, held as a part of National level Online Seminar Series organized during 22-26, June, 2020, organized by PSG Institute of Technology and Applied Research.
- Webinar on “Scope of IoT in Industries” on 09th May 2020, organized by Department of Computer Science and Engineering, KarpagaVinayaga College of Engineering and Technology
- Webinar on “e-vehicles for sustainable transportation” organized by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Geethanjali institute of science & technology on 14th May 2020
- Webinar on Energy Storage Systems: SiC, Multi-modular approach and BMS – Tackle the latest trends, organized by TechOnline on 10.06.2020
- Webinar on Energy Storage and Electric Vehicle Technology, organized by IEEE Transportation Electrification Community on 09.06.2020
- Webinar on Smart Battery Energy Management and Health Conscious Fast Charging for Future Transport, organized by IEEE Transportation Electrification Community on 02.06.2020
- Webinar on High Efficiency DC/DC Converters with a New Coupled-Inductor-Rectifier Structures, organized by IEEE Power Electronics Society on 26.05.2020
- Webinar on Strategies for Effective Delivery of Online Engineering Courses: Best Practices, Tips and Toolkits, organized by IEEE on 21.04.2020
- Webinar on Online Delivery of Engineering Programs: Tips You Can Use From an Experienced ABET-Accredited Program, organized by International Federation of Engineering Education Societies on 08.04.2020
- Webinar on Real Time Simulation Methods of Power Electronic Systems, organized by IEEE PELS and IEEE TEC on 14.01.2020
- AICTE approved Two-week Faculty Development Programme on “Foundation Programme in ICT for Education (FDP101x)” conducted by IIT Bombay from March 8, 2018 to April 12, 2018. This FDP was held under the aegis of Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya National Mission on Teachers and Teaching (PMMMNMTT), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- One-Week Faculty Development Programme on “Transformation from Efficient to Effective Teaching” organized by Department of EEE, Vardhaman College of Engineering on 29th November to 6thDecember, 2017.
- One-Week Faculty Development Programme on “Power Electronic Applications to Renewable Energy Systems” organized by Department of EEE, Vardhaman College of Engineering on 12th June to 17thJune, 2017.
- Two-Day Workshop on “Outcomes-based Education (OBE)” conducted on 5th& 6thMay, 2017 at Vardhaman College of Engineering, Hyderabad by Centre of Excellence in Engineering Education, Bengaluru.
- Webinar on “Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing for High-Performance Battery Management Systems”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 30 March 2017.
- AICTE approved Four-week Faculty Development Programme on “Use of ICT in Education for Online and Blended Learning” conducted by IIT Bombay from May 2, 2016 to July 10, 2016. This FDP was held under the National Mission on Education through ICT (Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India).
- Two days National Seminar on “Smart Grid – Technology and Applications” organized by Department of EEE, K. S. Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode on April 22 and 23, 2016.
- Webinar on “Rooftops PV and Smart Inverters Challenges and Barriers”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 14 April 2016.
- Webinar on “Towards Reliable Power Electronics”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 25 February 2016.
- Webinar on “Smart Village – Going Beyond the Light Bulb”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 12 November 2015.
- Webinar on “The ABCs of EVs”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 11 November 2015.
- Webinar on “Real Time Simulation and Hardware in the Loop as Enabling Technologies for the Transition to the Next Generation Grid”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 06 November 2015.
- Webinar on “Introduction to VSC HVDC Technology”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 30 October 2015.
- Webinar on “Going 100% Renewable Energy”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 28 October 2015.
- Webinar on “Green Energy and the Electric Delivery System Opportunities for Energy”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 26 October 2015.
- Webinar on “Strategic Planning for Microgrids – Strategies and Tools”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 20 October 2015.
- Webinar on “Analysis of Ground Networks Interconnected Electrical Systems”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 27 August 2015.
- Two week ISTE Workshop on “Control Systems” conducted by IIT Kharagpur from 2 December to 12 December 2014.
- Webinar on “Green Energy Successes, Opportunities, Challenges”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 25 June 2014.
- Webinar on “Energy Storage in Microgrids and Nanogrids”, 1 PDH, IEEE Continuing Education on 11 December 2013.
- 28th Indian Engineering Congress at Chennai during 20 December to 22 December 2013, organized by The Institution of Engineers (India), Tamilnadu State Centre.
- AICTE sponsored Two Weeks Faculty Development Programme on “Nanotechnology for Sustainability: Energy Conversion and Storage” 06 May to 18 May 2013, K. S. Rangasamy College of Technology.
- NPTEL sponsored One-day workshop on “NPTEL Workshop”, 09 April 2013, Government College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- CSIR sponsored two days National Seminar on “Nano-dielectric Materials in Electrical Insulation Application”, 16 and 17 November 2012, K. S. Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode.
- 13th ISTE Annual Convention (Tamilnadu & Pondicherry Section) on Emerging Trends in Engineering Education – Indian Prospective, 29 & 30 October 2011 held at K. S. Rangasamy College of Technology.
- AICTE sponsored SDP on “Recent Application of SCADA in Power Systems using Soft Computing Techniques”, organised by Department of EEE, Adhiyamaan College of Engineering during 21 July to 01 August 2008.
- Intro to Arduino Interfacing, Udemy, 02.01.2020
- Electric Power Systems, Coursera, April 2020
- Introduction to Power Electronics, Coursera, April 2020
- Introduction to Electronics, Coursera, April 2020
- Linear Circuits 1: DC Analysis, Coursera, May 2020
- Introduction to battery-management systems, Coursera, May 2020
- Equivalent Circuit Cell Model Simulation, Coursera, July 2020
- The Arduino and Electronics Bootcamp, Udemy, 15.12.2019
- NPTEL Online Certification on “Outcome Based Pedagogic Principles of Effective Teaching” on February – March 2018 (4 Weeks)
- NPTEL Online Certification on “Effective Engineering Teaching in Practice” on February – March 2018 (4 Weeks)
- Online Course on “ET601Tx: Educational Technology for Engineering Teachers” offered by IIT Bombay from 07 January to 07 March 2016.
Research Projects Undertaken: