Conceptual teaching along with Research and Development provides students an opportunity to compete with the modern world. VCE is encouraging students and faculty in exploring their research towards current technologies. To further improve the research, the department has also established the following Centers of excellence viz.
- Center of Excellence in VLSI Design.
- Center of Excellence in Virtual Instrumentation.
- Center of Excellence in Signal Processing and Communications.
- Center of Excellence in Microwave, Antennas and RF Engineering.
- Center of Excellence in IoT.
The Department constitutes 21 doctorates, out of which 30% of the faculty from NITs and IIIT, with the retention ratio of more than 90%. The department having 130 peer reviewed journals (Scopus/SCI/web of science) and 83 conferences (Scopus) from the last three academic years. The department published 28 patents out of which 5 patents are granted, and published 16 books from the last three academic years i.e., 2018 – 2021. The department of ECE having total of 14 funded projects sanctioned by DST and AICTE of worth 549.52 lakhs.