Dr Jeshma Kovvuri
Date of Birth:
26 Jan, 1991
Areas of Specialization :
Organic and Medicinal Chemistry.
PhD in Organic and Medicinal Chemistry, 2018, CSIR-IICT, Hyderabad,
PG Degree in M.Sc Organic Chemistry, 2012, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University,
UG Degree in B.Sc in Biotechnology, Microbiology & Chemistry, 2010, Kakatiya University,
Applied Chemistry and Advanced Engineering Chemistry
- Jeshma Kovvuri, Synthesis, biological evaluation, and molecular docking analysis of phenstatin based indole linked chalcones as anticancer agents and tubulin polymerization inhibitors. Bioorganic Chemistry. 2020, December, 105, 104447.
- Visible Light Photoredox-Catalyzed Synthesis of Quinazolinone Derivatives and their cytotoxicity, Jeshma Kovvuri. Der Pharma Chemica, August, 2020, 12 ( 4), 8- 1.
- Green synthesis of 1,2-dihydroquinazolinones and their cytotoxicity, Jeshma Kovvuri, Jyothi Vantikommu, Burri Nagaraju, Sadanandam Palle. Advanced Journal of Cancer Biology. March, 2020, 1, 1-9.
- Amberlite IR-120H: Catalyzed synthesis of 1,3-diphenylpyrazole-chromenoquinolin-6-one compounds and their biological evaluation. Jeshma Kovvuri, Burri Nagaraju, C. Ganesh Kumar, Sunitha Rani Routhu, Jitendra Gour, Kishore Mullagiri, Narayana Nagesh and Ahmed Kamal, American Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, April 2020 2(1), 2-16.
- Synthesis of Pyrazole Linked Benzothiazole-β-Naphthol Derivatives by Catalyst Free Method and Their Anticancer Evaluation. Jeshma Kovvuri, Burri Nagaraju, C. Ganesh Kumar, Sunitha Rani Routhu, Md. Adil Shareef, Manasa Kadagathur, Narayana Nagesh and Ahmed Kamal. Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2019, 27, 708-720.
- Design, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of New β-Carboline-Bisindole Compounds as DNA Binding, Photocleavage Agents and Topoisomerase I Inhibitors. Jeshma Kovvuri, Burri Nagaraju, V. Lakshma Nayak, Ravikumar Akunuri, M. P. Narasimha Rao, Ayyappan Ajitha, Narayan Nagesh and Ahmed Kamal. Eur. J. Med. Chem., 2018, 143, 1563-1577.
- Synthesis of imidazo-thiadiazole linked indolinone conjugates and evaluated their microtubule network disrupting and apoptosis inducing ability. M. P. Narasimha Rao, Burri Nagaraju, Jeshma Kovvuri, Sowjanya Polepalli, Sateesh Alavala, M. V. P. S. Vishnuvardhan, P. Swapna, Vijaykumar D. Nimbarte, Jerripothula K. Lakshmi, Nishant Jain, Ahmed Kamal. Bioorg. Chem., 2018, 76, 420–436.
- Catalyst-free synthesis of pyrazole-aniline linked coumarin derivatives and their antimicrobial evaluation. Jeshma Kovvuri, Burri Nagaraju, C. Ganesh Kumar, K. Sirisha, Abdullah Alarifi, Ahmed Kamal. Saudi Chem. Soc. 2018, 22, 665-677.
- A facile one pot C-C and C-N bond formation for the synthesis of spiro-benzodiazepins and their cytotoxicity. Jeshma Kovvuri, Burri Nagaraju, K. Suresh Babu, Praveen Reddy Adiyala, Ahmed Kamal. Tetrahedron, 2017, 73, 6969-6976.
- Visible light driven coupling of 2-aminopyridines and α-ketovinylazides for the synthesis of imidazo[1,2-a]pyridines and their cytotoxicity. Praveen Reddy Adiyala, Kasinathuni Naga Visweswara Sastry, Jeshma Kovvuri, Apoorva Nagarajan, Ahmed Kamal. ChemistrySelect, 2017, 2, 8158-8161.
- Telomerase Inhibition and Human Telomeric G-Quadruplex DNA Stabilization by a β-Carboline−Benzimidazole Derivative at Low Concentrations. Kranthikumar Yadav, Penchala Narasimha Rao Meka, Sudeshna Sadhu, Sravanthi Devi Guggilapu, Jeshma Kovvuri, Ahmed Kamal, Ragampe Srinivas, Panuganti Devayani, Bathini Nagendra Babu, and Narayana Nagesh. ACS Biochemistry, 2017, 56, 4392.
- An Efficient Synthesis of 2-Substituted Benzimidazoles via Photocatalytic Condensation of o-phenylenediamine and Aldehydes. Jeshma Kovvuri, Burri Nagaraju, Ahmed Kamal and Ajay K. Srivastava. ACS Comb., Sci. 2016, 18, 644.
- Amberlite IR-120H: an efficient and recyclable heterogeneous catalyst for the synthesis of pyrrolo[1, 2-a]quinoxalines and 5H-spiro[indoline-3,4-pyrrolo[1,2-a]quinoxali]-2-ones. Ahmed Kamal, Korrapati Suresh Babu, Jeshma Kovvuri, Vindravath Manasa, Abdullah Alarifi. Tetrahedron Lett., 2015, 56, 7012.
- Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Imidazo[2,1-b][1,3,4]thiadiazole-Linked Oxindoles as Potent Tubulin Polymerization Inhibitors Ahmed Kamal, M. P. Narasimha Rao, Pompi Das, P. Swapna, Sowjanya Polepalli, Vijaykumar D. Nimbarte, Kishore Mullagiri, Jeshma Kovvuri and Nishant Jain. ChemMedChem., 2014, 9, 1463.
- Synthesis of β-carboline–benzimidazoles conjugates using lanthanum nitrate as a catalyst and their biological evaluation. Ahmed Kamal, Narasimha Rao, P. Swapna, Vunnam Srinivasulu, Chandrakant Bagul, Anver Basha Shaik, Kishore Mullagiri, Jeshma Kovvuri, Vangala Santhosh Reddy, K. Vidyasagar and Narayana Nagesh. Org. Biomol. Chem., 2014, 12, 2370.
- 104th Indian Science Congress at Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, held from 3-7 January, 2017, India.
- Conference on “Advances in Cancer Therapeutics” presented poster titled “Design, synthesis of 3-(di(1H-indol-3-yl)-1-phenyl-9H-pyrido[3,4-b]indoles, their anticancer evaluation and DNA binding studies” held from 4-5th April, 2016 at CSIR-IICT, Hyderabad, India.
- National Conference on Advances in Cancer Therapeutics” held from 4-5th April, 2016 at CSIR-IICT, Hyderabad, India.
- International Conference on Trend Setting Innovations in Chemical Science & Technology Nature Inspired Chemistry & Engineering (TSCST-NICE-2016) held from 4-6th October, 2016 at CCST-IST-JNTUH.
- International Conference on Nature Inspired Initiatives in Chemical Trend-Organic Synthesis held from 19-20th September, 2016 at CSIR-IICT, Hyderabad, India.
- National Ph.D. Poster Symposium on “Challenges in Organic/Medicinal Chemistry” held by Royal Society of Chemistry (London) on 2nd December, 2016 at University College for Women Koti, Hyderabad, India.
- Symposium on “Challenges in Organic/Medicinal Chemistry” presented poster titled “Design, synthesis of 1-phenyl-3-(4-phenylquinazolin-2-yl)-9H-pyrido[3,4-b]indole and their anticancer evaluation” held by Royal Society of Chemistry (London) on 2nd December, 2016 at University college for women, Koti, Hyderabad, India.
- Conference on “Drug Discovery and Development” held from 20-21st November, 2015 at NIPER-Hyderabad, India.
- Indo-US conference on Advanced Lignocellulosic Biofuels (Indo-US CALB-2014) held at CSIR-IICT, Hyderabad, India during November-10-11, 2014.
- National seminar on ‘Recent Advances in Heterocyclic Chemistry’ in JNTUH in the year 2011.
Research Projects Undertaken: