Dr Pooja Kandimalla
Date of Birth:
10 May, 1987
Areas of Specialization :
Algae biomass, Water quality assessment, Biological wastewater treatment, Environment quality control monitoring, Biological CO2 sequestration, Microscopy, UV/VIS Spectrophotometry and Gas Chromatography.
PhD in Environmental Sciences 2017,(JNTUH),Hyderabad,
PG Degree in M.Sc Biotechnology,2009, Andhra Loyola College, Acharya Nagarjuna University,
UG Degree in B.Sc Biotechnology,2007, Andhra Loyola College, Acharya Nagarjuna University,
- Pooja Kandimalla, Sreekanth Desi, Himabindu Vurimindi. 2015. Mixotrophic cultivation of microalgae using industrial flue gases for biodiesel production. Environ Sci Pollut Res. DOI 10.1007/s11356-015-5264-2
- K. Pooja, V. Himabindu. 2014. CO2 Removal from Industrial Flue Gas using Botryococcus braunii for Simultaneous Lipid Production. Int J Sci Res. 3(10): 366-373
- K. Pooja, V. Himabindu. 2014. Mixotrophic Cultivation of Botryococcus Braunii for Biomass and Lipid Yields with Simultaneous CO2 Sequestration. Int Journal of Engineering Research and Applications. 4(10): 1-6
- K. Pooja, V. Himabindu. 2014. Utilization of Flue Gas as Carbon Source to Grow Scenedesmus quadricauda for Simultaneous CO2 Reduction and Biodiesel (FAME) Production. International Journal of Innovation and Applied Studies. 9(1): 188-201
- Pooja K, Shakeela Banu S, Sreekanth D, V. Himabindu. 2013. A Critical Evaluation on Efficiency of Chlorella vulgaris for Biodiesel Production and CO2 Removal in Indoor and Outdoor Culture Conditions. The Journal of Energy and Environmental Science. Photon 127: 260-271
- Pooja Kandimalla, Priyanka Vatte, CSR Bandaru. 2020. Phycoremediation of automobile exhaust gases using green microalgae: a twofold advantage for pollutant removal and concurrent biomass/lipid yields. Sustainable Environment Research 30 (1), 4
- Pooja Kandimalla, Priyanka Vatte, CSR Bandaru. 2020. Phycoremediation of automobile exhaust gases using green microalgae. Environment, Development and Sustainability, 1-22.
- K. Pooja, D. Bhagawan, K. Srilatha, V. Himabindu. 2018. Bio oil production from microalgae via hydrothermal liquefaction technology under subcritical water conditions. Journal of Microbiological Methods. doi:10.1016/j.mimet.2018.09.014.
- K. Pooja, D. Bhagawan, V. Himabindu. 2018. Phycoremediation of sewage wastewater and industrial flue gases for biomass generation from microalgae. South African Journal of Chemical Engineering. 25: 133 – 146.
Research Projects Undertaken: