The Indian Society for Technical Education is a national, professional, non-profit making Society registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860. The major objective of the ISTE is to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industries and other organizations. Being the only national organization of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The Ministry of Human Resource Development, CTE / DST / MIT / State Governments are well associated with the ISTE for programmes relating to technical education. The Headquarters of ISTE is located at New Delhi.
Major Benefits of becoming an ISTE Member
- A Member of a National Professional Organisation
- Join an academic fraternity of over 50,000 strong professionals
- Preference to attend short-term training programmes for academic excellence and to become eligible for career advancement opportunities
- Bi-monthly Newsletter
- Quarterly Indian Journal of Technical Education (at concessional rates)
- Quarterly International Journal of Engineering Education by American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE), USA (at concessional rates)
- Eligible to apply for various national level awards
- Publications for Self Development, Institution Development, etc. (at concessional rates)
- Eligible to participate in Chapter Level, Section Level and National Level Conferences, Workshops and other activities of your academic interest, etc.