Students, faculty members and employees of Vardhaman College of Engineering (Autonomous) shall have the library membership. Each member is required to apply for library membership in a prescribed form available at Central Library webpage and attached with a recent passport size photograph.
Circulation policies and borrowing privileges for the staff members
|Books||10||One Semester||Once if no reservation|
|Back Volumes of Periodicals||5||5 days||—|
|Back Volumes of Periodicals||4||2 days||—|
|Associate Professor||Books||7||One Semester||—|
|Back Volumes of Periodicals||3||2 days||—|
|Sr. Assistant Professor||Books||6||One Semester|
|Back Volumes of Periodicals||2||2 days|
|Assistant Professor||Books||5||One Semester|
|Back Volumes of Periodicals||1||2 days|
|Non-Teaching Staff||Books||4||One Semester|
|Back Volumes of Periodicals||—||—|
Circulation policies and borrowing privileges for the students
(B.Tech. M.Tech. & MBA)
|Books||5||14 days||Rs. 1/- per day per book||Once if no reservation|
|Back Volumes of Periodicals||1||2 days||Same||—|
The technical processing of the books is done by systematic arrangement according to Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) scheme using and an Open Access has been facilitated for consultation and selection of books.
New Arrivals Display
Latest additions of books are displayed in the new arrivals shelf.
Photocopying/Printing of materials available in the Central Library is provided on payment basis.
Loss of Books
In the event of the book issued is lost, it should be reported to the library immediately. The borrower is required to make replacement with a new ones bearing the same title besides a fine amount of Rs. 50/-. Failure to comply with one has to pay four times of the price of the lost book.
Borrowers who have failed to return the books issued to him/her on or before due date shall be required to pay the overdue charges of Rs. 1.00 per day.
Users / Readers are requested to keep their personal belongings such as books and bags at the counter located at the entrance of the library at their risk.
Students and faculty members can be recommended using prescribed book recommendation form available at the Central Library webpage.
- Every faculty / student entering into the library has to put thumb impression through biometric machine instead of the manual gate register, which is mandatory for check in and check out of library users.
- ID Cards for Students, Faculty and the Staff should be produced at the time of issue/return/renewal of Books etc.
- Personal books, Printed and Photocopy materials are not allowed inside the library.
- Students should get the books duly issued/returned/renewed at the Circulation Counter and collect them in person.
- Reference resources will not be issued.
- Underlining, Marking, and Tearing are strictly prohibited in the books and other library materials.
- Books issued from the library are prohibited from bringing them inside the library, unless they intend to them.
- Misconduct or indulging into unwanted things will entitle the students to forego the borrowing facility.
- Members are requested to collect the receipts for the overdue/fine paid.
- Mobile Phones are not allowed inside the Library.
- Readers should not put the consulted books back into the shelves once taken out they should leave them on the reading tables.