Mr. PRAVEEN OGGU
Date of Birth:
28 July 1992
Area of Specialization:
Structural dynamics, Design of reinforced concrete structures, Performance-based design method, Multi-hazard risk assessment, Earthquake resistant design of RC structures, Repair, Retrofitting and rehabilitation of RC structures
M.E. (Structural Engineering),Birla Institute of Technology and Science – Pilani, Rajasthan,2015
B.Tech. (Civil Engineering),Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science Warangal, 2013
M.E. project: Study on skew bridges
B.Tech. project: Durability Behaviour of Blended Cement Mortar Cubes in Acid Environment
- Praveen Oggu, MehulkumarPithadiya and K. Gopikrishna. “Influence of Real Ground Motion Records in Performance Assessment of RC Buildings”, International Journal of Engineering,2(12), (2019): 1745-1752. https://dx.doi.org/10.5829/ije.2019.32.12c.07(ESCI/Scopus indexed)
- Praveen Oggu and K. Gopikrishna. “Assessment of Three-dimensional RC Moment-Resisting Frames under Repeated Earthquakes”, StructuresElsevier 26 (2020): 6-23. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.istruc.2020.03.039(SCI indexed; IF: 2.983)
- Praveen Oggu, Gopikrishna, and Shubham Sewaiwar. “Seismic assessment of existing gravity load-designed RC framed building: a case study from Warangal, India”, SN Applied Sciences2 (2020): 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42452-020-2690-7(Scopus & ESCI indexed)
- Praveen Oggu, Gopikrishna K. and Saptadwipa Jha. “Importance of ‘DAF’ in evaluating structural adequacy of gravity-load designed RC buildings”, Materials Today: Proceedings32 (2020): 810-818. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.04.018(Scopus indexed)
- Praveen Oggu and Gopikrishna K. “Effect of sequential earthquakes on evaluation of non-linear response of 3D RC MRFs”, Earthquakes & Structures 20(3) (2021): 279-293.https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2021.20.3.279(SCI indexed; IF: 2.018)
- Praveen Oggu, Gopikrishna K. and AyurNagariya. “Seismic behavior and response reduction factors for concrete moment-resisting frames”, Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering(2021).https://doi.org/10.1007/s10518-021-01184-z(SCI indexed; IF: 3.827)
- Praveen Oggu, Vennela Kiran Kumar and K. Gopikrishna. “Seismic fragility analysis of Vertical Setback RC Structures”, In the Proceedings of the International Conference on the Trends and Recent Advances in Civil Engineering – TRACE 2016), Amity University, Noida, India, August 11- August 12, 2016.
- Praveen Oggu and K. Gopikrishna. “Seismic behaviour and its influence on damage probabilities of irregular R.C. buildings”, In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Composite Materials and Structures – ICCMS 2017, IIT Hyderabad, India, 27-29th December 2017.
- Praveen Oggu and K. Gopikrishna. “Sensitivity analysis for uncertainty estimation in the seismic performance of reinforced concrete frame structures”, SEC18: Proceedings of the 11th Structural Engineering Convention – 2018, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, December 19 – 21, 2018.
- Praveen Oggu, Gopikrishna K. and Saptadwipa Jha. “Importance of ‘DAF’ in evaluating structural adequacy of gravity-load designed RC buildings”, In the Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Innovative Technologies for Clean and Sustainable Development – ITCSD 2020, NITTTR Chandigarh, India, 19-21 February 2020.
- Praveen Oggu, Swati Raman and Gopikrishna K. “Effect of fire hazard on seismic capacity of RC frame building”, Civil Engineering for a Disaster Resilient Society: Select Proceedings of VCDRR, NIT Karnataka, Surathkal, India, 19-21 March 2021.
- A ten-day GIAN course on “Dynamic Material Failure” organised by Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology Warangal during 13-23 June 2016.
- A ten-day GIAN course on “Structural Behaviour and Design in Extreme Thermal Conditions including Fire effects” organised by Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad during 11-22 July 2016.
- A five-day GIAN course on “Application of Principles of Reliability and Risk Analysis to various sub-disciplines of Civil Engineering” organised by Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology Warangal during 31 December 2018 – 04 January 2019.
- Advanced course on “Performance Based Design of Structures (PBDS 2019)” conducted by CSIR-SERC, Chennai during 23-25 January 2019.
- Advanced course on “Seismic Damage Mitigation of Structures (SDMS 2020)” conducted by CSIR-SERC, Chennai during 02-04 December 2020.
- Workshop on “Dynamic Testing and Simulation of Civil Structures” conducted at BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus during 08 October 2018.
- A six-day short-term training program on “Computational Research Techniques using MATLAB (CRT 2016)” organised by Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Warangal during 26-31 December 2016.
- A three-day workshop on “Bio-Inspired Materials by Design: Issues & Challenges” organised by Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology Warangal during 19-21 November 2018.
- A three-day Faculty Development Program on “Advances in Structural Health Monitoring of Civil Infrastructure (ASHMCI)” organised by Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology Warangal under TEQIP-II during 22-24 March 2017.
- A three-day Faculty Development Program on “Advances in Prestressed Concrete Design (ADVPCD)” organised by Structures Division, Department of Civil Engineering, National Institute of Technology Warangal under TEQIP-II during 03-05 March 2017.
Work Shop Attended:
- Short term training program on FEM, FEMRIA-2018, VNIT Nagpur.
- Short term training program on Introduction to Structural Analysis, VNIT Nagpur.
- Short term training program on Wind loads on Structures, VNIT Nagpur.
- Revit short term training program by Walter P Moore.
- Construction Engineer in “Mercedes Benz Multi-level Car Parking and Warehouse, Pune.”
- Planning Manager- “GIVAUDAN & HAIER industrial extension project, Pune.”
- Structural Engineer- “Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex Football stadium, Alabama USA.”
Research Projects Undertaken: