The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) is a government organization that assesses and accredits Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). It is an autonomous body funded by the UGC and headquartered in Bangalore. NAAC accreditation is generally at the institutional level, assessing the performance based on various parameters categorized into 7 criteria. The Eligible institutions shall apply online in the prescribed format called Self Study Report (SSR). The SSR comprises both Qualitative and Quantitative metrics. The Quantitative Metrics (QnM) add up to about 70% and the remaining about 30% are Qualitative Metrics (QlM).
Vardhaman college of Engineering has got accredited by NAAC twice. In the first cycle the institution was accredited in the year 2014 for 5 years and got A grade with a score 3.24. In the II cycle it is accredited with A++ grade with CGPA of 3.58.