National Service Scheme
The National Service Scheme (NSS) is a scheme of Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. Through this, students get an opportunity to uphold their philanthropic tenets and contribute to making a better society. Under its purview, students participate in various government led activities conducted for the benefit of society at large. A major goal of these activities is to develop the leadership skills and to practise national integration and social harmony. Since inception of the NSS in the college campus since 2007, the strength of student volunteers rose from the initial strength of 100 to over 8000 at present.
National Service Scheme Award is presented by the Government of India to recognise outstanding contribution by NSS student volunteers, NSS Programme.
- Blood donation camps
- Tree plantation
- Visit to local schools and providing necessary help
- Visit to orphanages and old age homes
- Visit to local hospitals
- Visit to the villages nearby and identify their needs
- Health awareness camps
- Distribution of prepared food, grocery and clothes to the needy
- Celebration of Independence Day and Republic Day: various competitions on a patriotic theme